I think I do have a slight idea of my story. It's beginning to form. Maybe I'll start off with a street of a town in Louisiana , USA with houses to establish the location. Then I'll move on to the interior of a house where the main story takes place - in the kitchen. This kitchen is real messy - as if it hasn't been cleaned for years. But I don't want it to look unused - I want it to look as if it is occupied by someone, but that someone doesn't really care about cleanliness and stuff. And then the two main characters walk into the kitchen. Both are really really hungry, but there's no food in the house, except for a can of pork and beans. Both start an argument over it on who deserves the can more, and end up fighting. This gets so aggressive that the younger brother stabs the elder one in the shoulder.
Now this is where I'm stuck - how do I go on about the ending. I was thinking both fight till they fall out of the kitchen window, but that may not be suitable for my target audience. I still have to figure this part out.
As for the style, I want it to be completely computer generated. Cartoony style of course, but at the same time, I want that depth to be apparent in the visual aspect of the film - meaning the lighting. I want to focus on the body language and performance of the characters to bring out the humor. I'm trying to avoid lip synching, just so that I could focus a lot more on the body performance.
Well, that's it for now.
True indeed, you have a young target audience.
ReplyDeleteIn that case, why not instead of one of them dead, you show him faint. That's when the other brother feels guilty, tries to wake him up and decides to share the can? That way, you might be able to teach your audience something :)
But I'm not sure if that'll work. If you like it, you can consult Alan about it. Good luck with consultation later! : )